PlayDrMom’s Favorite Number Books: Great for Early Learning Math Fun
Well, I already posted about our favorite ABC books … I couldn’t very well leave out our favorite 123’s!!! Here’s PlayDrMom’s Favorite Number Books …
- Ten Apples Up on Top!, by Dr. Seuss (a counting classic!)
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, by Eileen Christelow (the well-known song put to super cute illustrations)
- The Ants Go Marching, by Jeffrey Scherer
- There Were Ten in the Bed, by Annie Kubler (cute, classic, and interactive)
- Counting Kisses, by Karen Katz (sweet and simple)
- I Know My 123, by Stuart Trotter (an interactive favorite of my kids when they were toddlers – tons of great lift flaps)
- Ten Little Caterpillars, by Bill Martin, Jr and Lois Ehlert
- How Much is a Million?, by David M. Schwartz and pictures by Steven Kellogg (This is one of my son’s favorite picture books. It does a terrific job of explaining the concept of large numbers)
- 365 Penguins, by Jean-Luc Fromental and Joelle Jolivet (counting and SO much more! One of my very favorite children’s book)
- Math Curse, by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith (cute and funny)
- The COIN Counting Book, by Rozanne Lanczak Williams (a great book for learning about counting money)
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.
Latest posts by Laura Hutchison (see all)
- Hacked By GeNErAL - August 21, 2015
- ABCs of Easy Crafts for Kids - August 14, 2015
- What is Learned through PLAY - August 12, 2015
- ABCs of Playground Parkbench - August 7, 2015
- ABCs of Encourage Play - July 31, 2015
We love “Ten Apples Up on Top!” too! Another good one is “One Bear Lost” by Karen Hayles and Jenny Jones.