So, how does one mom lug 2 young kids … and all the stuff they need/want … for a day at the beach?
Well, this is how I do it …
I found that my double stroller (Baby Trend, Sit-N-Stand Plus) is much more efficient to haul stuff than our wagon (even when … especially when … no kids want to sit in it!). And, here’s what I bring …
-Two already swim-suited, water-shoed, sun-screened children ready for a day of fun in the sun (Henry carrying the beach ball not pictured!)
– One bag with snacks (sandwiches, crackers, & cookies), wipes, plates, & utensils (if needed) … with always enough to share with friends!
– One cooler bag with drinks & fruit … again, with another to share!
– One milk crate with sand toys (several shovels & pails, balls, trucks) … which I recommend writing your name on for easier beach retrieval upon leaving time)
– One water floaty for each child (see Rainbow Zebra & Nemo)
– One bag of a towel per person, plus a large picnic blanket that can double for a tablecloth if need be, sun hats and glasses for each person … and sunscreen (REAPPLY, REAPPLY, REAPPLY!) … (and don’t forget yourself, ADULTS … crabby, sunburnt parents are NO fun.)
– One bag (preferably water resistant) to keep a change of clothes, diapers, sidewalk chalk (most beach areas have a sidewalk path!), bubbles, a baby doll (because she HAS to come everywhere with us)
– a small zippered purse (that can slip into another bag) that holds my camera, phone, & cash/debit card
So … GO … get out there and play at the beach with your kids!
(my favorite part is floating out in the water with just my 2 kids, all of us smiling!)
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.