So, how does one mom lug 2 young kids … and all the stuff they need/want … for a day at the beach?
Well, this is how I do it …
I found that my double stroller (Baby Trend, Sit-N-Stand Plus) is much more efficient to haul stuff than our wagon (even when … especially when … no kids want to sit in it!). And, here’s what I bring …
-Two already swim-suited, water-shoed, sun-screened children ready for a day of fun in the sun (Henry carrying the beach ball not pictured!)
- One bag with snacks (sandwiches, crackers, & cookies), wipes, plates, & utensils (if needed) … with always enough to share with friends!
- One cooler bag with drinks & fruit … again, with another to share!
- One milk crate with sand toys (several shovels & pails, balls, trucks) … which I recommend writing your name on for easier beach retrieval upon leaving time)
- One water floaty for each child (see Rainbow Zebra & Nemo)
- One bag of a towel per person, plus a large picnic blanket that can double for a tablecloth if need be, sun hats and glasses for each person … and sunscreen (REAPPLY, REAPPLY, REAPPLY!) … (and don’t forget yourself, ADULTS … crabby, sunburnt parents are NO fun.)
- One bag (preferably water resistant) to keep a change of clothes, diapers, sidewalk chalk (most beach areas have a sidewalk path!), bubbles, a baby doll (because she HAS to come everywhere with us)
- a small zippered purse (that can slip into another bag) that holds my camera, phone, & cash/debit card
So … GO … get out there and play at the beach with your kids!
(my favorite part is floating out in the water with just my 2 kids, all of us smiling!)