My Summer Bucket List
Here’s a list of things I want to do this summer … my summer bucket list. Many of them are things I’d like to do numerous times. Most of them are things I want to do with the whole family, some with just the kids. There are also a few I want to do just with husband and/or friends … because it’s important to take care of myself and my adult relationships too!!!
Plant a garden Splash in rain puddles
- See fireworks
- Go to Cedar Point
- Have a lemonade stand
- Play every game in the game closet
- Sell the house and move into new house
- Spend a week on Tawas Bay
- Dodge Park Beach
- Dino craft party (aka Dino Dan’s Diorama Dig)
- Play mini golf
- Catch a firefly
- Spend a day at the Detroit Zoo
- See Dinosauria at the Detroit Zoo
- Go to Waterford Oaks splash park
- Go kayaking
- Go on a family bike ride
Use sidewalk chalk Have Henry go to Safety Town
- Take the kids to swim lessons
- Spend a day at Kensington splash park and beach
Go to Hess-Hathaway Park Go to Beverly Park Go to Booth Park
- Get ice cream in our pjs
Have Henry participate in a summer reading challenge at the library
- play at Waterford Oaks park
Go to the Birmingham fair Go to the hot air balloon festival in Howell
- Go to a Wet-n-Wild Wednesday in Rochester Hills
Start a “cross-over” blog … life as a child therapist with 2 kids See “Cars 2”
- See “Winnie the Pooh”
- Have a “come over and play outside” day
- Create & go on a photo scavenger hunt
Take Henry through the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
- Go on a date with my husband
- Have an “adults only” movie &/or game night with friends
- Clean out the garage
- Clean out the crawl space
- Have a day with just my sister
- Go to a Tiger’s Game
Go to the Cranbrook Science Center
- Spend the day in Northville … Rebecca’s, Bees Knees, & the park
Play at Marshbank park
- Daytime potty train both kids
- Spend a day in Detroit … Riverwalk and the Heidelburg project
- Take the kids and my mom to the Hands On Museum in A2
- Go to the Detroit Science Center
- Stay healthy … so that I can actually accomplish all of this!!
I know, it’s a bit ambitious … but intentionality can work wonders! (plus, I’m starting off with 15 already accomplished! those are the ones that are crossed out)
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.
Latest posts by Laura Hutchison (see all)
- Hacked By GeNErAL - August 21, 2015
- ABCs of Easy Crafts for Kids - August 14, 2015
- What is Learned through PLAY - August 12, 2015
- ABCs of Playground Parkbench - August 7, 2015
- ABCs of Encourage Play - July 31, 2015
Yahoo! After this week I can cross off #s 3, 9, 20, & 21!!!
woohoo! and maybe this week you can cross off #30
12, 15, 34, & 48 are complete!
For those still keeping track … 10, 13, 14, 25, 33, 37, & 48 are also now complete. 21 left to go.
did you manage to finish it?
Valerie … we didn’t finish it. But, there’s always this summer!