The kids still have a couple weeks of school left. Summer solstice isn’t until June 20. But this weekend, this long holiday weekend … I believe to be the START OF SUMMER!
Last summer was the first summer our family had a bucket list. I really enjoyed creating it … and we had even more fun trying to experience each of the 50 things on the list. So, here’s the revised 2012 version of our Summer Bucket List to start the sunshine season right!
- Spend lots of time at the Troy Aquatic Center
- Spend lots of time in the back yard
- Teach Henry how to ride a bicycle
- Build our play structure and play house
- Get our Basketball Hoop up … and play!
- Make a waterwall outside
- Create an outside music area
- Build a Marble Run
- Make a “splash park” in our back yard
- See fireworks
- Go to Cedar Point with Henry
- Have a lemonade stand
- Make ice paint (again!)
- Play every “board” game we own
- Read as many of our children’s books as we can
- Spend a week on Tawas Bay
- Dodge Park Beach
- Play mini golf
- Catch a firefly
- Spend a day at the Detroit Zoo
- Go to Waterford Oaks splash park
- Go kayaking
- Go on a family bike ride
- Make our own sidewalk fizzy paint
- Spend a day at Kensington splash park and beach
- Go to Hess-Hathaway Park
- Go to Beverly Park
- Spend a day in downtown Birmingham
- Spend a day in downtown Rochester
- Get ice cream in our pjs
- Have Henry participate in a summer reading challenge at the library
- play at Waterford Oaks playground
- Go to the Birmingham fair
- Go to the hot air balloon festival in Howell
- Go to a Wet-n-Wild Wednesday in Rochester Hills
- Have an “adults only” movie &/or game night with friends
- Clean out the garage … include area for easy access to outside toys
- Clean up the basement … create play area, including building toy, puppet theatre, and craft storage areas
- Go to a Tiger’s Game
- Go to the Cranbrook Science Center
- Spend the day in downtown Northville
- Play at Marshbank park
- Spend a day in Detroit … Riverwalk and the Heidelburg project
- Take the kids to the Hands On Museum in A2
- Spend a day in East Lansing
- Go to the Detroit Science Center
- Go berry picking
- Have a puppet show outside
- Take advantage of our free bowling passes
- Catch up on my blog posts
As you can see, lots of our items are local places we want to explore. It’s my plan to post on them throughout the summer and create links to the posts when they are complete. So make sure to come back often! If you’d like to check on our progress you can check out my album on Facebook … Summer Bucket List 2012.
For more great Summer Bucket lists, check out my Pinterest board, “A Bucket List of Bucket Lists!” And, I’d love for you to share a link to your favorite summer activities and places to explore … or better yet your own bucket lists. Please leave your ideas in a comment below … I’d be happy to pin them to the board for you!
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.