Heart Ornaments … for our Valentine’s Day Tree
Last Spring I put together made this Easter tree … and then in the fall I turned the tree into a Halloween tree. So, now that it’s February it’s time to convert the tree into a Valentine’s tree.
It was super simple … I traced a small heart-shaped cookie cutter on some stiff felt and cut out the hearts. Then I took some baker’s twine (that I found in the $1 aisle at Target, SCORE!) and used an embroidery needle to thread the twine onto the heart and knotted it on the back.
Honor was very interested in what I was doing … so she helped out too! It was a great opportunity to teach her some basic sewing skills. I had her cut the twine and pull the needle through the felt.
We made 14 heart ornaments … and hung them on the tree.
Our Valentine’s Tree!
Latest posts by Laura Hutchison (see all)
- Hacked By GeNErAL - August 21, 2015
- ABCs of Easy Crafts for Kids - August 14, 2015
- What is Learned through PLAY - August 12, 2015
- ABCs of Playground Parkbench - August 7, 2015
- ABCs of Encourage Play - July 31, 2015
Very cute! Pinned it.