Football Books for Kids!
My post yesterday for the Virtual Book Club for Kids that featured “Little Granny Quarterback” co-authored by Bill Martin, Jr., got me thinkin’ … what other great football books are there for kids? Here’s what I found …
- Dino-Football, by Lisa Wheeler (part of the great Dino Sports series … silly and fun rhyming account of the meat-eaters vs the veggiesaurs)
- Family Huddle, by Peyton Manning (one of my son’s favorites … a fun story about the Manning family and … of course … football!)
- T is for Touchdown, by Brad Herzog (part of the sports alphabet series by Sleeping Bear Press that follows the pattern of their books … easy-to-read rhymes paired with more detailed texts along side outstanding illustrations)
- My Football Book, by Gail Gibbons (covers all the football basics)
- Kick, Pass, and Run, by Leonard Kessler (introduction to the game of football and an easy reader)
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.
Latest posts by Laura Hutchison (see all)
- Hacked By GeNErAL - August 21, 2015
- ABCs of Easy Crafts for Kids - August 14, 2015
- What is Learned through PLAY - August 12, 2015
- ABCs of Playground Parkbench - August 7, 2015
- ABCs of Encourage Play - July 31, 2015