There’s a MILLION reasons to donate to the American Heart Association. You might have several reasons yourself. When I think of the AHA …
- I think of my grandfather who passed way too early due to a heart attack.
- I think of my sweet 87 year old neighbor, Bill, that is the hospital right now, after suffering a mild heart attack.
- I think of sweet Delaney Rose, a friend’s daughter, born last March with 3 heart defects … who just lost her tenacious battle this January.
Jamie, amazing mom blogger at hands on: as we grow, thinks about her husband’s 4 year old cousin, Ellie. Ellie was born with a congenital heart defect, hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). She has had multiple open heart surgeries … and she will need more.
So, to support this beautiful little girl, Jamie put together an amazing project … The Heart Project … to raise funds for the American Heart Association.
The Heart Project consists of over 100 projects from over 70 bloggers around the world that have collaborated to make a beautiful book of heart projects. Each of the projects in it that are heart-related and kid-related; they are either made by the kids, for the kids, and about kids. The book includes projects to create, cook, play with, and display in your home!
By making a $5 (or more!) donation to the AHA, you will receive an eBook of this amazing collection of photographed heart projects for free. The eBook has links almost all of the heart projects to a tutorial on the blog that contributed to the book. It will only be offered throughout the month of February, so place your order soon. (once you place your donation you will be taken to a page to download the eBook)
Hard copies of the book are also available. This paperback printed version includes a collective index in the back allowing supporters to check out each of the blogs that contributed to the book.
To tempt you further … here’s a sneak peek at the book:
The list of participants:
The project also has some amazing sponsors and giveaways …
- Craftprojectideas.com is contributing $1 for every ebook sold this month. This means in addition to your $5 donation by purchasing the The Heart Project eBook, Craftprojectideas.com will donate another $1 on your behalf (up to $500!).
- Giveaways are going to be happening every day from now until the 14th! There’s more than one some days, so be sure to check them all out! These giveaways are from The Heart Project Bloggers who are very generously giving away the projects they created for The Heart Book or something related to their heart project. Visit hands on: as we grow daily to get updates on giveaways!
- There are also a couple special giveaways from Melissa & Doug, Fudoo Boards and CraftProjectIdeas.com! Be sure to check back each day to enter that day’s giveaways at hands on: as we grow.
Like I said, there’s a MILLION reasons to donate … I sincerely hope you will join all of us in our efforts to sell 100 books today, the first day of the project, AND to raise $1000 by Valentine’s Day for the AHA.
You can also just simply donate without receiving a book …
The following two tabs change content below.
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.