Up until this month, I never participated in a book club. I loved the idea of joining one with the kids … where books and coinciding projects are enjoyed together, but I didn’t know about any Mommy & Me book clubs locally. So when I saw Toddler Approved’s Virtual Book Club for Kids I knew the time was right!
The amazing children’s author and illustrator Jan Brett’s, The Easter Egg, is the book of the month.
I let them know that they could decorate the egg however they wished, using any and as many of the materials. I wanted the activity to be focused on PROCESS, but also something they would feel proud of creating.
Here are some other great books for Spring …
- Peter Cottontail’s Busy Day, illustrated by Jacqueline East
- Little Duck: My Sparkling Springtime Friends, illustrated by Liz Conrad
- The Bunny Hop (Sesame Street), by Sarah Albee & Maggie Swanson
- I Spy: Little Bunnies, by Jean Marzollo & Walter Wick
- You’re My Little Bunny, by Claire Freedman & Gavin Scott
- Happy Easter, Little Critter, by Mercer Mayer
- It’s Easter, Little Critter, by Mercer Mayer
- The Berenstain Bears’ Baby Easter Bunny, by Jan & Mike Berenstain
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick!, by Lucille Colandro
- Mickey’s Easter Hunt
- Wubbzy’s Egg-cellent Easter
- Splat the Cat, Where’s the Easter Bunny?, based on the creation of Rob Scotton
If you’d like to check out what “Easter Egg” projects other Virtual Book Club members have done, check out the Blog Hop below! And make sure to link up if you have a related project to share!!