As you may have seen in my post last Saturday (Our Elf Update: Week One 2012), Santa sent us a box filled with 25 wrapped books. One to unwrap each day until Christmas. Here’s what we’ve opened so far in our Countdown to Christmas with Books …
Home for Christmas, by Jan Brett – a story about a troll who goes on an adventure only to find the answer of what Christmas is truly about.
Gingerbread Baby, by Jan Brett – find out how they capture the Gingerbread Baby!
(Funny! Santa must have known that the author this month for the Virtual Kids Book Club is Jan Brett!)
3. Tyrannoclaus, by Janet Lawler – a dinosaur Christmas story of all the dinosaurs working together to make Christmas happen.
4. How do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas?, by Jane Yolen – the dinosaurs demonstrate the correct manners for the holidays
5. Pete the Cat Saves Christmas, by James Dean & Eric Litwin – “Give it your all, give it your all, at Christmas we give, so give it your all.”
6. Mooseltoe, by Margie Palatini – one moose’s attempt at a “perfectly perfect” Christmas
7. Polar Express, by Chris Van Allsburg – Can you believe we didn’t already have this Christmas classic?
8. Red Sled, by Lita Judge – the forest creatures have some fun too! (very little text, so it’s great for young children. My daughter (age 3.5) “read” it first and made up her own story. I love books that kids can do that with!)
9. Strega Nona’s Gift, by Tomie dePaola – Follow Strega Nona and Big Anthony through the holiday season filled with feasts.
10. Christmas is Here, illustrated by Lauren Castillo – Beautiful pictures to go along with text from the King James Bible story of Christmas.
Come back next week to see what we open up this week!
Laura Hutchison (aka PlayDrMom) is a chubby kid turned competitive figure skater tween turned high school pom pon girl turned MSU Spartan turned grad student turned Mrs. HutcH turned Dr. turned Mom. She adores living in the Mitten, is addicted to Diet Coke, and firmly believes that ice cream is a main food group.