Pumpkin Playdough: A special Halloween treat
As part of the celebration at my daughter’s preschool last year, all of the kids from the entire school go trick-or-treating through the halls. Parents line the path and pass out NON-FOOD-ITEMS … 100 of them (there’s lots of kids at the school!). So, my four-year-old daughter and I decided to make Pumpkin Playdough for all of her school friends.
We used a basic recipe (you can find it here) and then added red & yellow food coloring and some pumpkin pie spice for a great smell.
Mixing the pumpkin playdough …
All cooked and mixed …
I found some small sealable bags at the dollar store that we put a handful of the pumpkin playdough in. I printed out labels (just to make sure the parents knew what it was!) and Honor had the job of putting the labels on the bag …
The treat was a hit!
Latest posts by Laura Hutchison (see all)
- Hacked By GeNErAL - August 21, 2015
- ABCs of Easy Crafts for Kids - August 14, 2015
- What is Learned through PLAY - August 12, 2015
- ABCs of Playground Parkbench - August 7, 2015
- ABCs of Encourage Play - July 31, 2015